1. Gee, we’ve never seen Florida State play a game like that before this season. Completely different from their usual scenario in how the game unfolds.
2. Memo to Jimbo Fisher: That makes, what …. the 47th (I might be exaggerating a little on that) come from behind sitting on the edge of your seat nail biting win this season? You know, many of us are old. Really old. I am stressing OLD here. So if it is not too much trouble could you arrange to have the team have a comfortable lead going into the fourth quarter from now on? Muuuuuuuch easier on the stress levels that way.
3. Or perhaps we could all save some time and have FSU just spot the other team three touchdowns and immediately head into the second half.
4. It is now crystal clear why Florida State has so many haters. FSU is just cruel. We give them hope in the first half that they will win the game. And then comes the second half and BAM!!!!!!! Thanks for playing and here’s a copy of the home game.
5. Those uniforms worn by the Cardinals … watching on TV, you could barely see them on the screen. Apparently it was the same on the field for the ‘Noles defense as well on that 70 yard pass to Devante Parker on the first play of the game.
6. Sign seen in the stands of Papa John’s Stadium: “FSU 02 Déjà vu”. Exactly. Sans the all game long monsoon, the overtime, and of course the upset win by Louisville. But other than that it was exactly the same.
7. Falling under the category of “Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition,” it is completely bumfuzzling that UL would fail to cover Freddie Stevenson on a pass pattern coming out of the backfield. With three receptions for 18 yards on the season coming into the game, CLEARLY he was the most dangerous receiver on the field at that moment. Can’t see how the Cardinals missed that.
8. On the really bright side, playing on that turf, no need to throw the unis in the laundry.
9. I don’t know what Jimbo thinks, but that first play of the second half … it may have gained 15 yards, but I’d recommend tearing that one out of the playbook. Just a thought.
10. Checking the roster as Gene Deckerhoff was updating the listening audience on the injury status of one “Michael” Thomas. Must have been a game day free agent signing and they didn’t have time to put him on the list.