Suddenly Florida State has it and two of the state's other big three don't. Yeah, it's great to be a Nole in 2010. Let us count just a few reasons why:
• Sending Bobby out on a feel good wave of adulation, helping heal any remaining hurts among the Seminole faithful about the old coach's retirement.
• An impressive victory in a game where the team could've easily lost focus due to all the Bowden hoopla.
• Another giant growth step by E.J. Manuel.
• Another 100-yard plus performance by Jermaine Thomas.
• Excitement from underclassmen like Fortson, Reid, Hopkins and others.
• Christian Ponder returning as a potential All-American and Heisman hopeful (Tony Barnhart names him one of three early leaders for the trophy).
• A huge recruiting coup as Matt Elam switches from the dark side, a cue to other gator commits that now's a good time to bolt.
• The meltdown in Hogtown: Urban, coach defections, Tebow graduating, etc.
• The Canes embarrassing bowl whiff, begging the question of just who is back?
• FSU's near-complete All-Star coaching staff being assembled by Jimbo Fisher.
• Marquee talent coming aboard (like Joyner, Luc and Elam) with a month to go til signing day.
• A new FSU President who's an effective leader and proven fund raiser with no interest in playing Athletic Director.
Now if we could just bring back the Cowgirls for 2010.