2. So, FSU does have a running game after all!!!! I reiterate, I think most FSU fans had forgotten.
3. So, how many of you thought earlier in the week that there was a chance FSU actually might lose to Duke for the first time ever on Saturday? Fess up; we know you’re out there. Come on, raise those hands.
4. So, apparently one extremely confident poster on a Duke message board felt a Duke win was in the bag when he posted “should we tear down the goal posts when we win?” The appropriate response to that thread showed up just a couple of posts later with the comment “something about a cart and a horse comes to mind.”
5. So, can we play Duke every weekend? Or at least until FSU becomes bowl eligible?
6. That Deckerhoff is such a card Part I when he made the observation (the gaping sections of fans masquerading as cement seats was probably the big giveaway) that “it’s a late arriving crowd” to Wallace Wade Stadium. Clearly they never made it to the game. Must have been tied up in the big traffic jam to the stadium. Cameron Indoor stadium that is.
7. That Deckerhoff is such a card Part II when he said “Karlos Williams came to Durham to play football today” following his lengthy run back on a kickoff. The big clue there was the football uniform he had on.
8. Rashad Green however did not come to play football on Saturday as it was reported according to one news source that he was out with an ankle. That’s it …. an ankle. Obviously he would be out if he had just an ankle. Most people have two as I understand it.
9. Also from Block who observed the Duke uniforms reminded him of the Colts’ unis: thank goodness they didn’t play like Indy circa 2005.
10. Jimbo Fisher, of course, was humble in his post game comments saying that “Duke is a good team”. Which leads to the question has there ever been a winning coach that said his opponent was a God awful, miserably bad that can’t play its way out of a paper bag team? No? Not even Spurrier? Too bad ….. it would make for one great interview.
11. Regarding next week’s game, memo to the Maryland Terrapins, 56-45 losers in blowing not one but two 18 point leads to Clemson: When you come to Doak on Saturday, bring that defense if you would please, and leave the offense back in College Park.
12. With the locker rooms a mile from the stadium (as sideline reporter Tom Block put it), who needs warm ups before the game. You should have worked up a good sweat by the time you reach the field. So, in planning the football facilities at Duke someone actually said “hey, let’s put the stadium here and we’ll put the locker rooms waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here.” And someone with the final decision agreed with that.
13. So, the Big East was thinking about offering Boise State and Air Force membership in the conference. Seems logical. They are east, after all. East of Japan, that is. If that occurs it would give new meaning to the Far East.
14. Headline: "UF can't find end zone" And that would be a bad thing why?
15. Sign seen at ESPN’s gameday show in Corvallis, Oregon (aside from the REEEEEALLY lost USF Bulls fan at the show): “My arms are really tired.” A small piece of advice to help with that .... don’t hold such a large and tall sign at a TV show for two hours.