2. You know, maybe referees aren’t so bad after all. Well, that is until the next call that doesn’t go FSU’s way. Then of course they are bums.
3. The obligatory Mrs. BFT observation while thinking the win was in hand: “Third and long followed by fourth and longer,” only to note moments later, “On second thought, maybe if it had been 4th and 20.”
4. Apparently part of Brian Kelly’s game plan for the first half was no punting allowed. I doubt however that the fumble on the first fourth down attempt was part of that plan. Juuuuust a guess.
5. On the bright side, at least the defense did not get fatigued on that two play, 31-yard Notre Dame touchdown drive.
6. Proof positive ESPN hates FSU, when upon checking the box score on ESPN.com in the third quarter and the score read 24-10. ????? Where’s our other seven dadgum points?!?!?!?!?! They just hate us. No question about it.
7. First ESPN reported it was 320 pieces of Jameis Winston autographed memorabilia. Then it became 900 only to see that grow to over 2,000 items as reported by that four letter network (and I am assuming there are a number of FSU fans that have a few four letters for that them). So can we assume the next report by said sports network will have that number up to something like 12,464?
8. Memo to Lou Holtz: #blamejameis
9. Sign seen at said ESPN’s Gameday show: “I’m a Ginger.” Yes, yes ... I know there is Google but I am not even sure I want to know.
10. Even better sign seen at said Gameday show: Jeff Driskell paid me for his autograph.”