1. Ho hum. Just your average come from behind take it to overtime game you see every week. Why eighty some odd thousand fans would want to stay to midnight just for that is beyond me. Karlos Williams is glad you did.
2. Dabo Swinney when asked right before kickoff why he thought his team had a chance to beat the number one team in the country at Doak said, “We’re good enough.” Close, Dabo, but (aside from the fact that they don’t allowing smoking in the stadium) no cigar.
3. Memo to Dabo: You need a kicker. And, no, you cannot have ours.
4. And speaking of said Florida State kicking specialist, from Gene Deckerhoff describing Roberto Aguayo’s 50-yard attempt as it was in the air, “IS IT LONG ENOUGH?!?! IT IS!!!! IS IT GOOD?!?! IT IS!!!!” Geno just does not get into the games enough does he? He is going to have to work on that.
5. Nineteen game winning streaks are NOT overrated.
6. When you are in need of a big defensive stop on 4th down and less than a yard what do you do? You turn to “ie” as in Eddie and Reggie.
7. You didn’t need to be an expert lip reader to understand Sean Maguire who summed up a lot of Seminoles’ feelings when the TV cameras caught him saying “OMG!!!!” following the fumble recovery by his defensive teammates that was preceded by an air mail special INT by the redshirt sophomore QB. Thanks for the early Christmas present there, Clemson.
8. Sign seen at ESPN’s Gameday show held on FSU’s Landis Green: “Sam Ponder, will you go to homecoming with me?” I’m guessing the answer will be no. Just a guess mind you.
9. And speaking of said college football pregame show, it was obviously a slow sports news week as they had absolutely NOTHING to talk about the entire three hours in taking viewers to kickoff. Not one thing at all. Nada. Zippo (not a Marx brother, btw). Less than zippo.
10. And for those that attempt to insult Florida State University by calling it a girl’s school: two words ….. Gabby Reece (see above) … who appeared on Gameday to guest select Saturday’s games. I’ll take that insult all day long. Hey, Gabby …. great pick on that Miss St/LSU game.