1. Congrats to the Seminoles for their execution of the game plan in dispatching Citadel 37-12. That is If the game plan was to score only touchdowns in the first half and only FGs in the second half. As if Roberto Aguayo needed the practice.
2. At least it was a more entertaining contest than the first-ever meeting between the two teams, a thrilling zero to zero tie. No need for a calculator there.
3. And speaking of entertaining, when is the last time you saw a college game played in under three hours? It took some fans longer to drive home from the game than how long the game lasted. Certainly worth the drive though.
4. Kirk Herbstriet in discussing weak early season schedules of power conference teams said, “Nobody is showing up to these games anyway.” BTW, 81,294 nobodies showed up for the FSU/Citadel contest Saturday night.
5. The Aguayo watch continues as the Florida State kicker duplicated last week’s performance, maintaining his blistering pace to score 182 points for the season. Thirteen must be his lucky number.
6. And speaking of said place kicking specialist, OK, now he was just showing off following a delay of game penalty on a kickoff (How the heck do you get a delay of game penalty on a kickoff????) and still kicked it seven yards deep into the end zone.
7. Who needs defensive linemen anyway, right? Now if you could run out and get me a handful of DLs, because good God we might need some after last night’s bloodbath of injuries.
8. If you weren’t familiar with the play called the “belly dive”, you sure were after that game. Without checking the play-by-play recap I’m estimating The Citadel ran it 80 times, which is interesting since the Bulldogs ran 70 total plays. Well, no one ever said I was good at estimating. Didn’t have a calculator at hand.
9. And speaking of stats, in particular the halftime totals, if they wanted to show highlights of Jameis Winston’s passing, it would have been far faster to show his incompletions.
10. Sometimes Mrs. BFT just doesn’t get the one liners, as in following the second TD of the game and the comment from her spouse, “Jesus, he’s good”.